ProjectAccept.org, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, aspires to become the primary voice and vehicle of those affected by persistent HSV & HPV. The reason for this is simple: united, those impacted by these viruses represent one of the largest, most powerful organizations on earth. Divided and isolated, as they are now, they make very little impact on the social stigma regarding these viruses or the cures for the viruses themselves.
There are untold billions of people on earth affected by HSV & HPV. Combined and organized, they could make a far greater impact on both the social stigma surrounding HSV & HPV and the accelerated research for cures.
To gather together all individuals and groups affected by HSV & HPV into one social movement; to organize and empower the community in order to combat HSV & HPV on the following fronts:
- Awareness: To educate the public on both the present and the potential impact of HSV & HPV on human lives.
- Acceptance: To combat the stigma surrounding HSV & HPV: to make life for the affected easier, while fighting the spread of the viruses through more open conversation education and understanding
- Virus Research: To combat the myriad associated diseases medically, through independent cure research for the viruses.
Our Guiding Principles
Five guiding principles have directed ProjectAccept.org in its quest to declare checkmate on STDs:
- Integrity – Awareness of the great trust constituents place in us as stewards of the funds they raise and as partners with them in the fight against STDs – guides us every day.
- Efficiency – A commitment to always operate in the most cost-effective manner possible so that the greatest number of dollars raised goes directly to fund our campaigns and ultimately, to fund cure research.
- Transparency – A pledge to be completely open with our volunteers, understanding that it is only through their support of ProjectAccept.org that we are able to continue our vital mission.
- Pioneering Spirit – Taking unique approaches to fundraising that are bold and innovative including the support and development of symbiotic relationships with benefactors.
- Sense of Fun – An experience that is both rewarding and fun, that will inspire people to come back to again and again, uniting to have a great time while supporting a very serious cause.
We do not believe in discrimination between virus types. In fact, we see the discrimination between them – particularly by fellow carriers – as concrete evidence of the enormity of the social stigma and the challenges ahead. In addition, we believe the tendency to over-sexualize them as evidence of the stigma and public naivety, particularly in regard to HSV.
We Invite You to Join Us!
Whether you are one of the many who already carry a virus, or one of the many who soon might, we invite you to help us help you. Only together, in a united effort and with effective communication, can humanity declare checkmate on HSV & HPV. Please consider joining the fight today.
Got Questions? We Have Answers!
If you’ve got questions, from support to requests for financial statements, we’d be happy to help you.
Please contact us here.