Walk for H – Awareness Campaign
Walk for H – HSV/HPV Awareness Campaign
The Walk for H Awareness Campaign’s mission is to educate the public and increase awareness of HSV and HPV, along with reducing the stigma associated with these afflictions. Along with public education on both the true prevalence and contraction potential of these afflictions, a sound reduction in the stigma is critical to fostering open communication in society and a further reduction in the spread of these viruses, due to the fear of ridicule and rejection.
The Walk for H campaign met with great success at its first event, held in conjunction with the Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon on July 22, 2012 in Chicago, IL. We made direct contact with hundreds of health-conscious race participants and spectators and were able to share critical statistics and information, which gave them both pause to think/read and a call to action, to learn more.
These event opportunities include:
- ProjectAccept/Walk for H HSV/HPV info flyers in approximately 50,000 “race packs”, delivered to each participant
- Information booth at the pre-race expo
- Walkers/Runners within the walk.race itself
- Information booth at the post-race reception
- Onsite venue access to the approximately 50,000 race participants and their friends/family
At our Walk for H events, each and every Rock n’ Roll Marathon participant (up to 50,000!) will receive an awareness flyer in their race packs.
To see upcoming Walk for H events,check the “campaigns” link in the main menu or go to calendar and click the tag filter for “Walk for H”